My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Some Wins are Disguised as Losses








View the Finalists



Dear Boys and Girls,

On Sunday night I went to sleep at 10pm, when I heard Jason call from downstairs: "It's up!" He was referring to the Grand Finale Announcement.

I had zero doubt in my mind that I would be a finalist. So: when my name and image did not show up on the screen for the Women's age 30-39 category, I was surprised, disappointed, yea, okay, maybe even completely and totally shocked.

Congratulations to all the Grand Finalists! You have overcome so much and have a unique story to share. I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I hope you continue to make change and touch as many lives as possible.

I spent most of Tuesday crying, not because I did not win, but because I was overwhelmed by the comments on my facebook page, the emails, the phone calls, and the love in this house.

I may not have been a finalist, but I AM a winner.

Being CHOSEN as a finalist was out of my control. Achieving my goal of ELITE FITNESS was not. I achieved my goal of 12% body fat, have touched and continue to touch so many lives, and omg, have you seen my body??! I have honestly surpassed my hopes and expectations. I look at the women in Oxygen Magazine and can't believe that I look like many of them. Talk about a dream! I have achieved it!

So: what changes after having "lost"?

Okay, so, I won't receive the $5,000 for being a finalist. It never was and will never be about the money. And this is not a post about coaching, but thanks to the coaching opportunity, let's just say (and I promise I say that with modesty and gratitude!) that I can earn that in just a couple of weeks.

And I won't be recognized on stage. I have to admit, as I trained like a horse the past six months, I kept visualizing myself winning on stage. So, yes, maybe the recognition part is the part that stings the most. But wait, have I not already been recognized? There isn't a single day that goes by where I don't receive an email from someone who tells me that I have helped changed their lives. Boys and girls, THAT IS WHAT MATTERS.

So: WHAT NOW?

I won't be defined by an event, a decision that was out of my control. Remember: we have the power to design our destinies. I will continue to train with intensity because it brings me joy and I will continue to share my journey with others.

Now on with the ride!

Barbie, PhD

5 comments:

Sweet Charity said...

Great attitude, as always Barbie. I certainly consider your body a win! You are my daily inspiration.

zmajeva said...

Of course you are a winner! Those people just lost more weight in general.

Stephanie said...

Hey Barbie!
The more I read, the more I love your...lol!! I can honestly and wholeheartedly say the you have be an inspiration to me. I have owned beachbody products since 2006 (and never did anything with them), as Jason pointed out in the GSR meeting, I am 2 programs away from a showcase pack...lol! But now, I am SOOO motivated to Bring It everyday, I have already laid out the plan after my Slim in 6 and I want to say that it is mainly because of you. Thanks Barbie for all you do! Keep up the GREAT work!

Sal DiStefano said...

Such a class act. You continue to Motivate and Inspire, you're a winner to me.

screwdestiny said...

Yeah, I'd say your super-fit body is prize enough. You are already a winner to so many people.