My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Friday, February 26, 2010

Confetti Not Necessary


Dear Boys and Girls,

While we waited last evening for midnight to arrive, in hopes of hearing who the Finalists for the 2009 Million Dollar Body Game would be, Jason said, "You could cut the air with a knife."

So true. I was filled, and still am, with anticipation.

We just got word from contest officials at BeachBody: the big announcement has been postponed until Monday. And so, we must wait.

Okay, so I can relax. The knot in my stomach went away. I guess I'm used to waiting. Don't get me wrong, I so want to know!! But, along this journey I've learned to be patient, patient with my results, patient with my coaching business. And truly, as I wrote the other day, win or lose, I have already won.

Over the past few days I've noticed that my results seem to be getting better and better. My legs are getting more muscular (not bulky) and I'm feeling more at home in my new body. I know it's ridiculous that I thought that maybe my results would vanish over night. But aren't most of our fears irrational anyway?

Without the pressure of getting contest ready, I've relaxed into my routine of fitness and clean eating. I just eat when it's time and press play six times a week without bells and whistle. Now that I think about it, I think for a moment I felt as if I were doing something wrong. Shouldn't I be obsessed and razor sharp focused all the time?!!

Oh, wow, and here I thought I had nothing to blog about. No bells and whistles, just a normal lifestyle of eating clean and pressing play. I think I can deal with that.

Bring it, people. Confetti not necessary.

Barbie, PhD

No comments: